Name:Igwela, Jennifer Ngozi (Mrs)
Rank/Status: Principal Librarian
Department/Faculty: The Library
- Master of Science (MLS) Library and Information Management
- Masters in Education (M. Ed) Educational Management & Planning
- Bachelor of Science (BLS) Library and Information Science.
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
- West African Examination Council (WAEC)
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2006) Developing reading culture in Nigeria: a case Study of Omoku Urban in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area, Rivers State. Journal of Vocational Science and Educational Development, Vol. 7 No. 1 &2 pp. 56-61.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2006): Information and communication technology (ICT) in academic libraries: case studies of South-South Geo-Political Zone of Nigeria. South-South Journal of Law and Multidisciplinary Studies, Vol. 1, pp. 109-115.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2006) Strategic imperative of library services in technology education for sustainable youth empowerment in Nigeria. International Journal of Research in Education, vol. 4, No. 1&2. pp. 314-318.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2005) Library/On-line information search: an overview. African Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, Vol.6 Nos.1and 2 pp.73-79
- Igwela, Jennifer N. and Prince Umor C. Agundu. (2009) Bridging the information rich and poor divide in Africa’s sustainable development: the Nigerian challenge. African Journal of Management and Administration, Vol.2, No.2 pp.100-105.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2009) Sustainable internet connectivity in Nigerian higher education institutions: the university campus imperatives. International Journal of Educational Research and Administration, Vol. 6 No. 2 pp. 19-24.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2008) Information technology and library services: catalysts for effective technical manpower development in Nigeria. African Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies Vol. 8 Nos. 1 and 2
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2011) Service conditions and teachers effectiveness in Rivers state government secondary schools. International Journal of Educational Research and administration. Vol. 8, No. 1pp. 128-132.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2004) Women and political participation: a case study of Nigeria since 1999. Port Harcourt Law Journal.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. and Ubulum, W. J. (2012) Students’ perception of the application of confidentiality in counselling practices in selected secondary schools in Rivers State, Nigeria. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences. http://www.journals.savap.org
Un-Published Productive Works
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2008) Compilation of list of students’ projects in central Library from1976 - 2005 Rivers State University of science and technology, Nkpolu, Port Harcourt.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2008) Compilation of list of post graduate theses from 1976 – 2006 in The central Library. Rivers State University of science and technology, Nkpolu, Port Harcourt.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2009) Compilation of List of CD'S available at the Internet unit of the Central Library. Rivers State University of science Technology, Nkpolu, Port Harcourt.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2008) Compilation of list of reserved books/materials available at The reference department of the central library. Rivers State University of science and technology, Nkpolu, Port Harcourt.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2010) Job Satisfaction, Motivation and the importance of training among Librarians: a paper presented at a training workshop/seminar, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2011) Computer and internet use in libraries: a paper presented at the University library for the short term training programme on basic library skills for Rivers State council for arts and culture staff.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2000) the Legal Remedies and the Quantum of Compensation for Oil Pollution Victims in the Niger Delta. PGD Thesis, RSUST, Port Harcourt.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (1989) Women Issues in Nigeria: an annotated bibliography. A Diploma project in Library Science, ABU, Zaria.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2009) Using AGORA for Research: a practical demonstration on power point.
- Igwela, Jennifer N. (2005) the rate and obstacles of internet usage in Nigerian Universities: a case study of RSUST, Port Harcourt.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member: Nigeria Library Association (NLA)
- Assistant Secretary: Association of Women Librarians (AWLIN)
- Member: Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) UK
- Member: Nigerian Association of Law Librarians (NALL)
- EIFL/NULIB IFE Train the trainers workshop on E-Resources: 2007
- Nigerian Library Association (NLA) Rivers State Library Week: 2007
- Shell Nigeria Stakeholders Environmental Workshop Port Harcourt April and November, 1998.
- Hinari/Agora/Oare User, Train the Trainer Workshop RSUST Port Harcourt December 2008.
- Nigerian Library Association (NLA) Access to Free Resources in Library and Information Services Provisions: Open Source Software, Open Access and Book / Computer Donors Workshop, April, 2010.
- National Universities Commission Use of EBSCOHOST DATA BASE in the Nigerian Virtual Library. April, 2010.
- CTA/RSUST Web 2.0 Tools National Learning Opportunities Training Course, 2010.
- Nigerian Library Association (NLA) National Conference/ Annual General Meeting, June, 2013.
- Library and Information Technology Today (LITT) National Workshop, October, 2013.
Cataloguing section – RSUST, Port Harcourt 1990 - 1991
Head, faculty of law library, science and engineering libraries,
RSUST, Port Harcourt 1998-2004.
One month industrial experience at the Robinson library, Newcastle University,
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 2005
Delta Steel Company, Warri, Human Resources Department (NYSC)
Fab-Rank Nig. Ltd, Warri public relation officer 1994/1995 (NYSC)
Head Special Collections RSUST, Port Harcourt. 2006-August 2007
Reference Librarian 2007 October-Date
- Member: Orientation Committee for Fresh Students 1999/2000
- Member: External Relations Advisory Committee 2001-2002
- Member: Staff School Management Committee 2003-2004
- Member: Committee of Hall Wardens 2005/2006/2007
- Member: International Secondary School Management Committee 2006-2009
- Member: Ad-Hoc Committee on “Starcomms Exclusive Offer”
- Member: Mobile Communication Project to the University, 2006
- Member: Welfare Committee (Library) 2004-date
- Member: Faculty Board of Technical Science and Education. 2006-2007
- Member: Committee on Academic Brief, 2007.
- Member: Faculty Board of Law 2000-2004
- Member: Task Force on Computation of Results in the Faculty of Law, 2004
Other Relevant Information
- Coordinator, CTA/RSUST Web 2.0 Tools National Learning Opportunities Training Course.
- Co-ordinated and organized departmental training for fresh students.
- Orientation for fresh students in the faculty of law library, RSUST, PH.
- Supervision of Fresh and Old Students in the use of the Library RSUST, PH.
- Undertaking Research for Staff and Students, RSUST Library.
- Directing and guiding students especially the first years in their use of Internet in searching for informational materials on-line, RSUST, PH.
- Registration of Students on-line using the Internet in the Library, RSUST, PH.